NOTICE: Ramblings from Early Retirement has moved to ramblingsfromearlyretirement.wordpress.com. Please visit there for the latest ramblings.
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Energy vs. Activity
I have noticed that the more I do, the more energy I have to do things. I'm not talking about vigorous activity that makes you tired, but things like paying bills, washing dishes, going through a stack of papers, doing things on the computer or your favorite hobby.
My typical day starts with a half hour walk, followed by breakfast and watching TV. I find that if I get comfortable watching TV and not doing anything else, my energy level declines and I spend most of the morning dozing, unable to get up and do anything. If I go through some papers while watching TV, I stay alert. During the day and early evening, I can usually crochet and watch TV and stay awake. Sometimes reading keeps me alert, sometimes it doesn't. Depends on what I'm reading and how much sleep I got the night before.
