NOTICE: Ramblings from Early Retirement has moved to ramblingsfromearlyretirement.wordpress.com. Please visit there for the latest ramblings.
Thursday, June 22, 2006
Odyssey, a Dog
During my morning walk, I met one of my neighbors. A shaggy, short-legged, spaniel named Odyssey. She came running across the street to meet me. I petted her and was debating whether to take her back home or attempt to continue my walk when her owner came around their house calling her. It is more fun to scamper around just out of reach than it is to come when called, so it took us a couple of minutes to catch Odyssey.
I also made friends with Heidi, the new doberman puppy that lives across the street. I've been friends with her big "sister" Mackie for a couple of years. Heidi is a bit timid and wouldn't come to me yesterday. Today she licked my hand and let me pet her.
